Vaccinations! Again!

So baby has his second lot of jabs on Tuesday, and I'll be honest, the last time was HORRENDOUS! He screamed the place down, and I burns into tears myself, I was as much good as a chocolate tea pot :( my Mother had to take over holding him after his first injection because I was in such a state. I know they are all for his own good, and it's much better for him to have them, and he wont even remember it! But OH MY GOD :( I'm having nightmares about it :( I really can't stand the fact that someone is hurting my baby and theres nothing I can do about it :(

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 10:34 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know its tough, but the calmer you are, the calmer he will be. These shots only hurt for a minute and your son is small enough not to even remember them 2 minutes after they are done. He looks to you to know how to react - if you panic, he panics. Just breathe deep, stay calm and be ready to hug & kiss when the shots are done.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Better to be safe than sorry later on.

Answer by older at 10:37 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• wow...poor baby. My kids dr. does one in each leg at the same time real quick and its over in like 2 seconds. Never had any problems with shots.

L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• That seems like too many shots, EVERY month really?....My kids only got them at 2 months, 4 months and 6 months, 9 months and then at 1 yr, 2 yr, and 4 yrs old
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:41 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I couldn't stand it either when I had my daughter, and she had 5 shots in a row at the same appointment! (They don't do the 5 in one) But I had to learn to just try and comfort her the best way I can. Now she doesn't even cry at a blood test.
    LadyStork

Answer by LadyStork at 10:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I know, I just want it to be over, because it's two jabs every month for 6 months I think :(
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I'm sure it's every 4 weeks, and the Dr who does them does one at a time, and it seemed to go on forever :( I've never heard him scream so hard :(
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I'll just have to be strong, It's heart breaking because he's so alert now so he's just looking around all smiles then the needle goes in and it's horrible :(
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My son had a blood test when he was 2 weeks and he was fine, they gave him sugar water for when he got distressed, but with jabs they don't :(
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2011