How do I make Tacos?

I know seems simple, but I am not a good cook!

WishyClarkson

Asked by WishyClarkson at 6:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Food & Drink

• You can make many different tacos. For ground beef tacos, brown the ground beef, then add a couple teaspoons of onion salt, garlic powder, a pinch of cumin, and some chili powder, preferably ancho chili powder. Add some minced onion if you like it.

You can make chicken tacos the same way, but instead of browning ground beef, you should steam or saute chicken breasts or thighs (depending if you like white meat or dark), and then shred.

Or make a chuck roast, seasoned with onion salt, garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper, white pepper, and cumin. Brown it, then add a jar of salsa and braise for 2-3 hours or until the meat is falling apart. Check the liquid level occasionally, adding broth or water as needed. Shred and serve.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 11:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• brown hamburger meat, drain the grease, mix taco seasoning and water and your done
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Fry hamburg drain the meat. Cut up whatever veggies you want and stick it in the taco shell.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 6:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Then shred lettuce and have some tomatos and taco sauce for the tops

Answer by gemgem at 6:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My friend browns the hamburger meat, then adds a can of beef stew meat (with taco seasonings).. they sell it over by the Spam, etc. the she puts the meat on a tortilla, and fries it all together.. it comes out SOOO good.. then just use whichever toppings you want. I like lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cheese, sourcream, and taco sauce.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 8:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I use El Paso taco seasoning on the hamburger meat.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• get the low sodium seasoning mix. There is too much salt in the other stuff (too much salt in the low sodium stuff too but what ya going to do?).
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• You can also marinate chicken breasts in lemon, orange and lime juice (fresh), with cilantro and onion, olive oil, and chili powder (again, ancho is the best flavor, but if you like more spice, use guajillo or chipotles). After 20 min or so, grill or broil the chicken breasts, then slice thinly and use to make tacos.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 11:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2008