At what age would you consider taking your kids to Disney World?

Or what age did you take your kids to Disney World? If you've already been, were they the right age or do you wish you'd waited until they were older or taken them sooner?

EBee12

Asked by EBee12 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Travel

• The first time that we went the oldest two were 4 (my daughter and niece), my second was 3 and the youngest was just under a year. Of course the youngest did not get anything out of it. My 4 and 3 year old thought that it was the most magical experience in the whole world and still talk about it at 6 and 4. It was so fun seeing everything through their eyes. I grew up around Disney World and we went at least once a year but it was like seeing everything again. We will probably take them again in the next couple years and I think that it will just be a different experience the next time around. My youngest is 3 now so she will love it when we make it. I just think that there are different stages and they can enjoy them in each of the stages.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• 5?
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 10:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I want to take my kids when my youngest is 5-ish
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My coworker is there now and her kids r 3 and 9!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My youngest was 4 when we went the 1st time, and 7 the second time. Both were great experiences.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I think I'll really want to start taking them when my daughter is 3 or 4 and my son will be 7/8
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• We are going this year-my daughter will be 2 and my son will be 8.
    kshorty

Answer by kshorty at 10:52 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• We haven't gone yet but I always said once they were over the age of 5. I would hope they'd be able to remember some of it :) My younget is almost 5 now but the funds aren't there for a trip like that :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:52 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My kids are 8, 10 and 12. I am planning a trip for next year. It is going to be a one time thing, so I want to make sure they are old enough to remember it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I am waiting til my youngest is a little older, i want her to remember it. she is 2 now.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2011