TWINS........ONE WITH BROKEN ARM.........

My DD just had twins, the boy came out fine, but the little girl was breach and when the Dr pulled and tugged on her they broke her arm........sob.....I'm in Fl and she is in NH and I can't be there, but is this common.....I know forceps can cause marks, but never heard of this, and it's been a very long time I've giving birth. Hoping you girls can help me, I'm having a very hard time emotionally  when I think of this done to my precious little GD........thanks all.

zbee

Asked by zbee at 10:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes it does happen, not all the time, but they do what they have to do, ya know! I've heard of kids having broken collar bones too. If the child is breach, it is common. I was on a delivery where the mom had the twin stuck in the canal. It's arm was actually hanging out. They had to push the arm back inside, which of course broke it, and then do an emergency c-section. They literally do what they have to do to save everyone involved.

Sorry about your GD, but as a baby, it will heal quickly.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:52 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Oh MY goodness!!!! Poor baby :(
    awwwww
    Poor mama
    Poor Grandma!
    I don't know if that is common, I've never heard of anything like that happening, but I've never looked into it before.
    i'm so sorry that happend, How heart breaking :(
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I would not say it is common, but in a moment of emergency birth, I would much rather deal with a broken arm than death.

Answer by older at 10:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It isn't common but it can happen. Fortunately babies heal extremely fast.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes,injuries can occur.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Plus babies bones r soft so yes,it is possible.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My cousin had a baby that when the dr. pulled him out he pulled the baby's shoulder out of place :(
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Babies bones are very soft so things like this do happen.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• This is what I'm afraid of. I'm having my second baby in September and his shoulders are massive! I have heard of the shoulders being dislocated during birth. I'm sorry this happened!
    LadyStork

Answer by LadyStork at 10:52 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Thank you all so very much for your help and compassion with this question. It just breaks my heart that I can't be there. Picking the best answer to close this question will be hard because I like them all..........Thank you again girls..........Hugs to all that was so kind to help me with this very emotional situation for me and my DD.........

zbee

Comment by zbee (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2011