UGH!!! It's spring break and my kids are driving me crazy!!!! (vent)

So this whole week is spring break and so far my kids have been driving me up the wall. I was hoping to get lots done like organizing cupboards and wiping them out organizing & cleaning the utility room and garage. We have inspections coming up (we rent) next week. I have no money for gas to take them anywhere and we live out in the middle of nowhere. MY kids are constantly bored and I'm about ready to tie them to a tree LOL! HOnestly I am a sahm and I don't feel they need a spring break they get out of school in 1 month for the entire summer.

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in

• LoL, my parents used to make us collect rocks outside when we were bored or put us to work outside somehow. I learned real fast not to say I was bored and bug my parents
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:55 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• have you kids draw pictures and when you can afford to, drop pictures off at a nursing home to help cheer them up. you would be shocked at how happy some scribbles make people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I see so many moms on here who can't stand it when their kids are home for any length of time. Why have kids if you don't want to be with them? But, anyway...sounds like you need to spend some FUN time with them. If you are a SAHM, you've got the time to do all that re-organizing while they are in shcool. Spring Break wasn't a surprise announcement. Take this time to spend some quality time with your kids. There are TONS of things you can do together at home without spending a dime. The internet is at your fingertips. Google for things to do with your kids at home. Give them a memorable Spring Break with mom. You will miss these days sooner than you think. I have 4 kids. The youngest two are 18yr old twin boys who will graduate next month. Trust me, I wonder quite frequently where the time went. But, I can say that the time we shared holds wonderful memories for us all.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• actually spring break was a suprise i had no idea when it even was until last minute. Two of my kids are teenagers and one is 8 so ya they're bored and driving me crazy is that a sin?
    chica679

Comment by chica679 (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I didn't say it was a sin at all. And, every school has a calendar of the year's events. Most are right online. Not to mention, Spring Break happens every year. So, it's hard to understand not knowing it was coming. I'm just saying, there are TONS of things to do with your kids (teens included) that don't cost you money. And, since you have 2 teens, if they are so "bored", they can help you with all that reorganizing you need to do. Bet my bottom $ that if that is presented as an option, they will find something to end their boredom.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2011