How do you deal with "boo boos"?

My DD slammed my 9mo DS's hand in the toy box and his knuckles are scrapped raw. I'm hesitant to put a bandaid on b/c of the choking risk, hate to leave it uncovered b/c that would mean that I can't even put any antibiotic cream on it (teething and his hand is always in his mouth). So any suggestions on what I can do for it?

Kimedbs

Asked by Kimedbs at 10:59 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wash it, put a band-aid on, and put a sock or glove on his hand so he doesn't take the band-aid off
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I would kiss it,then rub it softly...then wash it with antibacterial soap and let the air help to heal it. Just keep an eye on it and wash it again every so often through out the day.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:01 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• If it's just a little scrape then I'd just leave it be. I don't think I'd use a band-aide either.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:01 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Putting a sock of mitten on is a great idea. I would do that- put the antibiotic cream on, put a band aid over it and then something over the band aid. But then I wouldn't leave the band aid on at night because I would worry about the choking, but during the day when you can keep an eye on things I think it should be ok.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• If you think it needs a band aid, I would put one on. Would he really eat it? Just watch him with it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2011