Shower gift....

My sils baby shower is this weekend, and I have yet to get her, her gift. We gave them a lot of the big things, and all that's left on her registry are silly little things. Pull ups 3t4t, lots of different kinds of wet wipes, a potty chair, a harness, breast pads ( sort of akward) A 140$ swing, baby hangers,, and baby proof items. ( individually picked, so it's not a nice pack) she was upset that the women who through her a shower at work, didn't go off her registry. So my question is, do I stick with what is on her registry, even though they are random, and nothing to big, or do I get her something else? I've already got her 4 outfits, a hodded towel set, and some baby bath prducts, but want to get her more....

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 11:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why not make up your own gift basket? Get a plastic box or a nice basket that can be used to store diapers or something in and then fill it up with the odds and ends from her registry. You could themed box - maybe the potty seat, the pull-ups, the wipes, some diaper rash cream, etc. Or do a bunch of the safety items ect.

You can never have enough diapers - especially in the 'not newborn' sizes.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:35 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I would stick with the registry if you want to get her more. I loved getting diapers at my showers! Still think of the people who gave them to me when I pull them out - sometimes I think the practical stuff is the best stuff :o)
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 11:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I would stick with the registry.

Answer by older at 11:01 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Make her a "saftey basket" Put all the stuff to baby proof her home in a cute basket and maybe add an adorable rattle or something like that.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• ... that's tricky i don't see why she would be upset because people didn't go off her registry... i liked it when people didn't go off mine that way if i forgot something i got it ... i would say do one of those small items then maybe get something else that you feel she could use or something that she can keep for her and the baby (maybe a baby album or something) but that's what i would do ... GL hope this helps
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I would stick to the registrey i hated when nobody at my shower got a single item off of my registry... AHHH whats the point LOL
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Get her baby clothes.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I would give her the things you already got along with a gift card to the store where she is registered, that way she can put the gift card towards any things she did not receive from her registry that she still wants, or she can put it with other gift cards she might receive to have enough to pay for the swing. Or you could call around and see if any of the other ladies still need to get her a gift and all go in on the swing together.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:44 AM on Apr. 14, 2011