Blackmail?

Republicans threatened to deny middle class Americans extended tax breaks and to end unemployment benefits for millions looking for work. Now, the Republicans threatened to shut down government unless drastic cuts are imposed on working Americans. The next blackmail threat will come by July, when the government will hit a legal limit on how much it may borrow.

CHarlan

Asked by CHarlan at 11:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Posturing...blackmail...hostage taking...it's the way our government functions.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I'd like a link please and a photo of your crystal ball.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:16 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• And how would you fix the never-ending spending spree in this administration? How much debt is too much?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:15 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• what's the question?
    I thought Obama was using Blackmail when used the Military as pawns just last week.
    How soon you forget.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:05 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• You got your facts from Ed Schultz! Really! Ed has as much political insight into the republicans as Bin Laden does. He is the biggest hate monger, rhetoric filled hate speech of anyone out there. He said he wanted to kick the repubs in the gut, run over them, and then do it again. This is who you listen to. No wonder you are pissed off. Find a person who will give you an analysis without the hate. Oh, maybe a hint of truth will help too.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Your point is? LOL That would be a no but you are free to call it what you want. Personally , I think the Democrats have been holding the Country hostage for a good 2 yrs now. But I guess that's ok with you.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It isn't blackmailing it is trying to get our out of control government reigned in. People with common sense realize that. Guess you got left out in that catagory.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Oh, and you have to love this little "gem!!" Do you know what a $61 billion dollar tax cut looks like in the scheme of the entire budget?!

I don't know about you but:

1.  I should THNK they could have come up with MORE cuts!

2.  This is NOT a sustainable model!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I thought I cussed like a Sailor. Ladies, meet CPO Dumbass. I think you've been flagged, GL with your future asinine posts on CM.
    CM...Where the men are men, and some of the women are too. LOL
    Yes, Carpy...in answer to your question, PLEASE DO.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• OP.....

blank stare

As for this, whatever it is....

Cuts, clear as crystal: OUCH! Hope your house don't get robbed, burned, flooded,. I also hope you don't want to drive anywhere.

We live in an upper middle class neighborhood, have a security system with remote monitoring, we own guns, we do not live in a flood plain, and we have homeowners insurance--including coverage on expensive assets like my wedding ring set!  So, not worried.  Should I be?

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2011