Not really a question. Just a statement about moms who dislike school breaks.

You suck. I really don't understand how you could not enjoy hanging out with the little people that you created. I purposely let my kids miss school once in a great while just so I CAN hang out with them. I cry when summer vacation is over. I love being with my kids so why don't you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Wow, you're mean.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:05 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Because i have to depend on teens to babysit all summer long. I wouldnt mind if I was home but I have to find child care and its hard to find dependable people.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Your first statement qualifies you for mother of the year how?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I LOVE when my boys have vacation time. I enjoy spending time with them, but i dont let them miss school just so i can hang out with them. I can spend plenty of time with them when they get home from school or on their vacations. I still have 2 boys at home all day and when all 4 are home with me...i love it. I hate even going to the store without one of the boys with me...i feel lost if i go anywhere alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• OUCH! I think that it is normal for everyone to feel overwhelmed once in awhile,, that is what this section is for advice!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Because we are all different. I can't/don't understand how or why you would keep you children out of school to hang out with you. That's not right.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Trust me I love my dd but coming home to windows open and the A/c on sucks, totally messy house, child care cancelled at the last minute, and paying out a fortune for it sucks too!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Wow.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Sounds like we have another case of the " im perfect cafemom mom"

Ya know I love my kids dearly but honestly I am not looking foward to a summer with a 9 yr old girl who does nothing but complain about everything and is impossible to keep happy. Im pretty sure its just a phase shes going through but man its stressful. Anyway my point is that we all have diff situations and diff reasons why we love for our kids to be busy. Plus I have a 3 yr old with me 24/7 who I have to keep busy as well.
    nodramamama311

Answer by nodramamama311 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I don't dislike school breaks. My children get bored in the summer and they miss their friends. I would not allow my children to cut school just to hang out, that is what the weekends are for. I am preparing my children for real life when they grow up they can't just miss work "just because."
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:16 AM on Apr. 14, 2011