Are you one of those mothers who sacrafice the way you dress for your kids?

I am. All my jeans are 3 yrs old and I have no short sleeved shirts that are descent enough to wear anywhere but home. It's alway oh the kids need this and the kids need that i'll just have to wait to get new clothes. Honestly my kids have everything they need and more so when will I be willing to buy for me? so I can look good.

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Im the same way.. if it fits i'm happy.. forget fashion, i'll replace it if the holes get too big!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Well, I would say yes, but I honestly have always dressed the way I do now. I usually buy a few things a year and never pay more than $15 for anything. But I wasn't really much different even before kids.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:18 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I know what you mean, I haven't bought clothes for myself in 10 years. :-)
    anninflorida

Answer by anninflorida at 11:19 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I am the same way!
    When I don;t have to go anywhere all day..I just wear my pjama pants and a tshirt. The kids all have decent clothes and shoes to wear but when it comes to mama...forget it,lol.
    I bet that even if I were to win like a shopping spree just for myself..I;d end up spending it on the kids anyway because I;d feel too guilty,lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• You need to take some time for yourself! If your kids have everything they need, theres no harm in going to wal-mart and spending 6 bucks on a short sleeved shirt.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• No. I look well dressed and my kids look well dressed. I like to make an effort everyday to look good...it makes me feel good.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Same here...Actually I just bought 3 skirts and a pair of boots for myself for the first time in 3 years, but only because I needed them for my new job.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 11:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Frump girl here. I can clean up if need be, but for the most part I never buy new anything beyond underwear, socks and bra's.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I shop at Wal-Mart for both me AND my daughter lol....So thankfully I don't really have to sacrafice...but of course if it's a choice between her and me I'm going to choose her
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I mean, I would if I had to, but I don't. I can dress my daughter in nice clothes, and myself as well. But that's just what I prefer...I love clothes, and looking nice. I'm not by any means "vain" but it just makes me feel good to look nice :) And when I feel good, so does my daughter. I want her to grow up and remember to take care of herself, too, because she has had that example in me. Go out and get yourself something nice! Could be from Wal-Mart or wherever you want. You deserve it! We all give our kids the best we can, we deserve to feel our best and most confident as well. :)
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 14, 2011