Gestational diabetes question

I was told my sugar levels were high on the one hour test, so i need to get the 3 hour one done before friday. Anyways what should i do until then should i quit eating sugar? what if i eat to much sugar? I have looked it up on web MD and a few other sites I just want something from somebody whos actually had it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• just act how you normally do.. a lot of the tests come back and you falsely fail it. just eat like you normally do.
    Anonymous

• Just follow the directions your DR gave you for the test until then eat like you always do.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 6:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i have a question on this because i passed the test for that and then now when there is sugar in my urine my doctor tells me why?and i would say eat how you always eat unless they tell you not to.i hope every works out for you.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 6:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Don't change anything unless the doctor told you too. I tested a little high on the one hour and perfectly normal on the 3 hours (which was really more like 5!!!)

Same thing happened to my friend. Sometimes the one hour test is just wacky. Good luck and bring a book or something, that 3 hours test is killer :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I had to do the three hour test about two and a half weeks ago. My one hour test came back high and the three hour test came back perfectly fine. I had drank a lot of apple juice the night of the one hour test... I don't know why they don't have people fast for that one too. I just ate regularly the day before but didn't drink as much juice.
    AmberTimmons84

Answer by AmberTimmons84 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Eat as you would have if you didn't know the results, otherwise you'll skew the result of the three-hour. Don't try to cut out sugar, as too little could be bad for you as well. Don't make any changes until the doctor tells you what to do. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Do whatever your dr recommends...if you are worried call your doctor and talk to him.
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I was diagnosed with Destational Diabetes with this pregnancy. There right though dont change what your doing because if you do have it and your already trying to change your results then the docs wont be able to help you if you do actually have it. I was border line with my first and Im 34 weeks with my 2nd and was diagnosed with it this time. Its not that bad you do have to monitor your blood sugar levels 4-8 times daily but what they do is have you just cut back on your carbs. The bad thing about them though is that once you are diagnosed with it you are more likely to have it come back anytime in your life. Just watch your carb intakes and dont have massive amounts of sugar. Most women though dont get diagnosed the second time so dont worry k. If u do get diagnosed they will help u to control it k.
    Brittany_Wolff

Answer by Brittany_Wolff at 8:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2008