Worried! please help!

For the past month ive noticed when I shower alot of hair comes out when im shampooing and conditioning and when I comb my hair..I am italian and have always had very thick curly hair..I dont understand why this is happening and im scared. Im only 24 years old why am I losing my hair?? I noticed today when I really looked close at it (while combing at my shower) alot of the hair still had the follicle attached..isnt that a bad sign?? Am I going bald?? I dont know what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Health

• Have you given birth recently?
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 11:29 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• If you have given birth recently, that is probably the cause. If not, I would go see your doctor about this.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 11:30 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I gave birth to my daughter 2 1/2 years ago...and ive been on mirena for almost just as long (got on it 6 weeks post partum)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Your hair goes through phases, and about every 2 years it goes through a loss phase, now that being said keep an eye out, if it continues for another month, you should have some blood work done for possible thyroid issues,,,it is probably nothing to worry about, unless your going through a divorce,,my ex DH put nair in my shampoo bottle,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:36 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• You may want to try taking a prenatal vitamin on a daily basis. These really help with hair growth. A really good one is Prenatal One Just Once by Rainbow Light. But also remember, it is normal to lose a certain amount of hair (especially when brushing). Are you using a good shampoo/conditioner? My hair is also curly, and what I have found works extremely well for me is Matrix Sleek Look Smoothing System (in the orange bottles). I use both the shampoo & conditioner, and since using these my hair has been growing consistently. One more thing...maybe don't wash your hair everyday. And when you condition, put a plastic cap over you head and leave it on for at least 5 minutes. The heat generated when you do this helps the conditioner work better.
    ilovepoms

Answer by ilovepoms at 12:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• im not sure but good luck!
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 1:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• hormone issues...
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i lost a lot of hair for months after giving birth, but since it's been a while for you, i'm not sure. if you are concerned you may want to check with your doctor.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 3:10 AM on Apr. 15, 2011