We only have great sex when... adult content

My dh and I only have great sex when Im intoxicated!! I am suuuch a shy woman when I dont drink, that I literally make myself drink about three times a week, just so my dh and I have good sex. This is horrible.. I know. Arggg.... Dh likes it, and I do too. I just wish I could have NORMAL sex.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• Have you and dh talked about this?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Inhibitions are hard to get rid of beware with the alcohol it might turn into an addiction.

Answer by older at 11:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Have you had any sexual trauma in your past? Shame associated with sex or your body?
    You might consider some counseling to get you through your insecurities. It may be the help you guys need! Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• yes we have talked about it.. and i cant seem to shake the shyness away. its becoming annoying. (for me)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• well ever since having children my esteem has gone down the drain, and I have gained alot of weight. about ten pounds.. my dh likes me for me, and complikents me all the time, but I cant seem to dirty talk sober, or really enjoy myself... I always have in the back of my head that my dh isnt enjoying himself.... ( i mean i have had two kids, things arent what they used to be in that region)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• This may be PURELY a confidence issue. You need to know that your DH thinks you are sexy and beautiful and just let yourself go. He's your husband and there is no need to be shy around him. I'm sure he would like it MORE if you weren't  intoxicated and you two could really connect.

I had a problem like this (except I didn't drink)

Maybe you should buy some sexy lingerie and put on some make up, lite some candles and show him that you are okay with yourself.

Men love confidence in a woman. :]

MoonShadow3

Answer by MoonShadow3 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• LOL I know how you feel it seems like when your a tad tipsy you feel like you can be a little nasty in the bedroom. I know my dh loves it too. But to tell you the truth just try to pick a day/night for that special moment and try not to be so shy believe me he has seen it all so don't let drinking get in the way... just sometimes... that is what I do. GL

Ex: I know back in the day when I'd go clubbing I could not dance at least I felt awkward when I would loosing up with a little drinking I could dance all night I loved it. So to me I feel like this is the same thing in a way...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I feel the same way and i have no idea how to get over it
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 11:56 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Great sex is 80% or more mental. Just work on the mental part of it so you can put down the bottle.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:57 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It sounds like you need to learn to relax. It just takes practice.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2011