For those who live in surprise/glendale AZ area

Have you ever used a mid-wife/Douala instead of an OBGYN? How was your experience?
Would you recommend a mid-wife/ Douala over an OB?

This is my third pregnancy and i'm considering a mid-wife. I've already looked some up but I'm just waiting for my husband to look at the site I have found and get his views on it.
I have had an OB for my past 2 pregnancies and I have to say my first was creepy, even tho she was female, and it was a completely impersonal experience, and she didn't even deliver my baby.
My 2nd- Dr. Rana, was AMAZING> She was super nice, cared, and delivered my baby and checked up on me a lot.
So w/ those two experiences at hand...I don't know what to choose. I can't go back to Dr. Rana bc she doesn't take my insurance and I don't think there is seriously anyone better in my area. lol
So this is why I'm considering a mid-wife. I want to take a natural personal path (of course i'm using an epidural tho lol) and I just want this to be an awesome experience.
I have to decide fast tho bc I'm 19wks 5days pregnant and I haven't been checked since I was 2wks. (due to insurance problems)

MoonShadow3

Asked by MoonShadow3 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had an OB for all three of my kids, but I was open to going the midwife route. Hubby wanted to be on the safe side, so that's what we did. I knew of a douala, but she moved out of state. Maybe you could look on google. Best wishes on your delivery! I hope you find the answers you're looking for. (I live in Glendale, by the way.) lol
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2011