Fake Tan for summer or not?

I'm quite pale, and refuse to go on sunbeds! And even if I do catch the sun, I just get loads of freakles!

Fake Tan or stay pale, with freakles lol?!

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 12:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Spray tans can look awesome -- depending upon the type/level of solution used and experience of the applicator. Different types of skin need different type of solutions -- so be sure to let the person doing the spray tan know that you are very pale -- also don't go with extremely dark solutions (you need a lighter level of DHA), they will not look good on your skin (orange) -- and dont do the Mystic Tan (spray booth).
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Some of the fake tans look good. Find a spray on one to get it even.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I'm a die hard tanner, tan fat is so prettier than white fat..............JMO
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I feel tans are rather unattractive! I like pale skin and personally would never use chemicals to add color...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I agree! A tan seems to make my legs look slimmer which is always a PLUS!
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I get my tan from working in the yard, and starting in April with sunscreen on, by June I'm completely tan, and it looks very even and healthy. I'm very fair complected, so sunscreen's a must. I agree being tan does look nice but fake doesn't look nice on anyone, whether it's spray or otherwise. I also don't agree with laying in the sun, it's so bad for your skin... Just take care of your skin no matter what you do, you'll look good, pale or tan that way..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• After tanning twenty years in the tanning salons, I am all for fake tans! I usually start out with the least amount of color one and then maybe get to the second or third only. I never go with the darkest because it looks orange.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I am a pale redhead and I started going to the tanning bed about a month ago. And I will also lay in the sun once or twice a week. Either way you get some freckles, I do anyway!
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Not. I don't want to look tan.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I like to tan! It not only makes me feel better, i feel that i look thinner, and i feel that i dont have to wear makeup as much either.
    Jayseeka

Answer by Jayseeka at 12:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2011