Ever have a negative test after being over a week late?

I never get it later than the 6th. My test on the 12th was negative. Maybe I'm just too early? I have been feeling run down a bit. I can't get an appointment until Monday. We have been trying for 6 months and this is the only period that's been late.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I am 4 days late and still getting negatives. It turned out I ovulated much later than I usually do for some reason, making it to early for a pregnancy test to pick up. Could this have happened with you? Oh and this woman on another forum I am on had all kinds of positive home tests and for some reason several negatives at the doctors. They finally did a blood test and found out she was pregnant the whole time too. Just an example of how weird a pregnancy can be :)
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yep! I've gotten 2 negative tests...finally just went to the Dr and guess what...I was pregnant all along lol....false negatives are pretty common. Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• False negatives are common. Best of luck
    MaryanneMac

Answer by MaryanneMac at 12:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• dont stress just wait and see take another test over the weekend ..i know someone who had 3positive home test but when they went to the doc it was negaitive..good luck and best of wishes
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• dont put yo ops down its common u may be prego jst go to the gyno n check out sme times HPTs can not detect the hcg in u..so gud luck
    busydindy

Answer by busydindy at 12:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I am 8 days late and had a negative pregnancy test today. So I am waiting and wondering what is going on. I have my yearly pap scheduled for Monday I called today to let them know I could be pregnant so they are going to take blood and go from there. Sucks not knowing.
    Anonymous

• Ugh the 2 week wait is the worst! I found some really fun girls over on babyandbump though that help make the wait a little more fun :)
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2011