Wisdom Teeth

I have to have 2 wisdom teeth pulled next week and I am terrified!! Can anyone please help me feel reassured or more calm about this?

Kari727

Asked by Kari727 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Health

• I had 2 of mine pulled. Generally they pull if the roots are straight and uncomplicated and do surgery if the roots are all messed up and complicated. So yaay for you for having straight roots. It didn't hurt, but it did take a lot of strenght on my dentists part to pull them. Pressure is all you feel. Make sure you gargle with salt water so that you don't get an infection. I didn't take any pain meds at all. Had them pulled on Friday, relaxed all weekend, and everything was fine.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• They are pulling them? I had to have oral surgery to remove all four of mine... so it's got to be better than that at least...
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I had all 4 of mine pulled/cut out last year. It is not as bad as what I thought. They numbed me very well and I only felt the pressure of them pulling out the tooth. I was sore for about 3 days after, but it is NOT as bad as it sounds! :)
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes. Numbing gel on my gums before novacaine shot, then pulling them. I'm so scared that they will have to use excessive force or the novacaine will wear off. I HATE the dentist!
    Kari727

Comment by Kari727 (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I had mine cut out when I was 16. I was put under so I didn't know what was happening. I can't do needles. If you start to feel ANYTHING. Tell the dentist. They will give you more meds.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I had mine out when I was starting college. They'll knock you out and it will all happen so fast you won't believe they are done. They'll give you a prescription to fill for pain. Go ahead and take it. You might feel loopy and tired, but it isn't so bad. The next day you might be sore, but the pain isn't lasting. Good luck!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• They usually put you to sleep to take them out. Depends on how they are sitting in your jaw. If they are upper ones you can bet they will knock you out. Lower ones? Only if they are impacted do they put you out. You will do fine. Millions of people survive dental work. Even me and Im TERRIFIED to even get my teeth routinely cleaned. The ysedate me to just do a check up.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My wisdom teeth were taken out about a year ago. I went under anesthesia because they were impacted and hard to get out. Even so, they gave good pain medication afterwards... and just think - you only have to do this once!
    enohp04

Answer by enohp04 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I had mine pulled also, it's been a few years but It wasn't that bad, I didn't have very much swelling either, just mainly some soreness, good luck momma, everyone is different. but it wasn't bad at all for me.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 12:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Thanks everyone!!
    Kari727

Comment by Kari727 (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2011