If you believe dreams have meaning...what would you take of this dream?

I had it a few nights ago and its just so disturbing I havent been able to forget it.

I dreamt that I was in this room that look much like a cafeteria.It was a suicide room.A man stood on a lunch table,hung himself.Then it was my turn.I climbed up the table, wrapped a rope around my neck, felt scared for a minute but thought "hey..can't be that bad, he just did it" and I hung myself.
Apparently the suicide didn't take because I woke up under the table with a bunch of trash on top of me. I was weak and could barely move. The janitor came in the room to get the trash and I reached out and grabbed his leg.He took a microwave and pushed it down on top of the garbage on top of me really hard and I heard him say to someone else in the room"Oh well..she wanted to die anyway, thats what she gets" I was then thrown in a back of a dumptruck with the garbage and I woke up shaking.

Now..that is one messed up dream! I keep thinking about it...like it could have happend to someone else or something? It seemed so real. I don't think about suicide and I'm not depressed or anything. I just don't know what would make me have this dream!

What are your thoughts?
(p.s. if this isnt the right category please recatorgorize..wasnt sure where to put it)

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 12:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Dreams are rarely literal - usually it's something we are trying to work out. I am writing this without ready anything but your original post so the other opinions don't taint my first thoughts: The suicide isn't a literal suicide - it could that you are stifling and killing an idea, a feeling, some area in your life; you are feeling some ambiance about a situation in your life and feel guilty for feeling that way. The trash could signify the way you see yourself or worry others see you or they could signify some negative burden you feel is on you at this time. The janitor could signify someone you feel is judging you in your life. On a base level you may know what this dream means but don't want to acknowledge this issue as it's right in front of you. I think dreams can tell us a lot.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's something that happened to someone else in my opinion. I think you are working through something in your life. Is there something that you are feeling stressed about? I'm not in any way saying you are considering or have even thought about suicide, but maybe that is a symbol that you have a problem you aren't sure how to deal with yet?
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I believe sometimes dreams have meaning. But not all dreams though.. Most dreams are the minds way of trying to solve issues that our conscious mind cant figure out a resolution to...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It could have been you watched or read something that triggered it. I know that dreams in where you yourself die mean that something about you personally has changed. Something big, like a life style change.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• A friend once told me I should pray over my dreams before I go to sleep 'cause I've had awful dreams like that in the past.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes! I have had a somewhat of a lifestyle change for myself. I am (or was) an STNA (state tested nursing assistant) and to maintain certification , I have to work at least 8 hours per 2 years in that field in order to keep it. Well, Ive been a stay at home mom for 2 years and decided I better get back to work so I don't lose my certification.I was going to just to as needed on weekends.I had everythign set up with my old job...the human resource lady assured me that all I had to do was the orientation before April 10 and she'd submit it and my certification would be fine. Well she was WRONG. After all that....the tb testing, the doctor physical, the orientation...my certification expired on the 10th..and it was all this womans fault! UGH! Well..now this dream makes sense to me...
    Thankyou
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011