Did ANYONE happen to catch the Friday, April 8th, 20/20 television show? adult content

OMG! It was about the Independent Fundamentalist Baptist Church! I just watched it on my TIVO. I cried when the reporter revealed that one pastor told his congregation that if their children were not being bruised then they were not being spanked enough!!! OMG??? It only got more interesting from there! Apparently, a good Baptist Christian forgives and forgets even when they are raped and kicked out of the church for getting pregnant from that rape????!!!!! OMG! I had NO IDEA that this is what Baptists believed? If ANYONE caught this 20/20 show I would love to read your thoughts!!! Thanks

FingerPainter

Asked by FingerPainter at 12:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Be careful lumping all Baptists together. The Independent Fundamentalist Baptist Church is not the same as a Baptist Church.

As for my thoughts, the adults that attend have a choice to attend and if they put their children at risk, they should be held accountable.

Just because a minister states something, does not mean that you have to follow it or aren't allowed to question.

I have left many churches because I didn't agree with how they taught the bible. Not minor things but huge differences from how I was brought up believing.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I didn't see it but really TV doesn't reflect what the majority of any group thinks. If the minister said you should hug your kids it wouldn't have been put on TV. Only extreme things make the news even if it doesn't represent what the majority or even a large part of a group believe. Why not air a show about many different people in the fundamentalist church, the extreme, the moderate and the liberal? 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• yeah..why repost?? same group of moms...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011