Can you be a mom and still look sexy?

I'm just asking, because I have had people tell me that once women become mothers, they should dress more conservative by wearing loose-fitting clothes and bottoms [pants, shorts, dresses, and skirts] that comes down to your knees or longer. I feel as mothers can wear shorts that comes down to your mid-thigh without looking trashy. What do you think cafemoms?

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• hellll no. i am not giving up my daisy dukes, booty shorts, bikinis and little tank tops just because i'm a mom, i'm still young and still have a rockin bod and i am not about to just become a nun. ANYONE can look sexy but no one should look slutty, no matter your age or whether you're a parent
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I think you should dress how you're comfortable in what makes you feel good and confident. I don't wear miniskirts and thigh-high boots, but I don't wear baggy pants or shorts that cover my knees either. I'm not going to feel 'frumpy' just because I have kids.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• A mom can look sexy in jeans, t-shirts, cute dresses, cute skirts, etc.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I think if you are comfortable wear it.............I have seen mothers that look better and dress better than some teens
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• These mothers say that because they haven't lost the baby fat they gained when they were pregnant. I make it a point to look good every day. I wear tight clothes but not to revealing. I want people to see that you can still look hot after having kids. I think you shouldn't dress like skank but dressing like your a hot mama is important to me. I cant stand when I see moms who dress sloppy and hide themselves. Why does everything have to go out the window when you become a mom?
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• A mom can look sexy without looking like a... well you know lol

I try to dress appropriate yet attractive.

amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• A woman can look sexy without looking trashy. I don't think mid thigh shorts/skirts are trashy.

Answer by missanc at 12:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• The only people who should dress conservatively are conservative people.  I don't believe that you should dress differently just because you're a mom.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• You can wear whatever you want. Just cuse you are mom doesn't mean you have to dress like a nun. I think you should dress how you feel comfortable. If you want to wear clothes that barely cover anything or if you want to wear a giant sheet. I don't care as long as you are comfortable and feel good.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I'm not gonna give up my short shorts, my tight tank-tops just because i'm a mother... my husband to be love's that i still have spunk and am not afraid to show it off... i ain't trying to sound all high on myself but if you like to wear that stuff then wear it... just because you have kids don't mean you can't dress to kill :) that's my opinion
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2011