Genital warts

About 2 months ago I got a bump really close to my clit, and it wouldn't go away and was itchy.
I seen my doctor and he said it was a wart and but the stuff on it to freeze it off (frig that stuff STINGS), It hasn't fallen off yet though.
So my question ...I know warts are contagious and a virus, but are they like herpes and have a breakout/contagious period? Or is there always a chance my DH may get them. We've had sex, but I won't let him do oral on me because of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Health

• He can get them through intercourse.

You should see a doctor since the breakout hasn't subsided.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• DID the Dr further test you or just "look at the one bump?? * I ask b/c this is a very contagious issue. USUALLY there are more than one and strive in moisture... SO have them do a recheck... Pap smear, and see if they are there too...... Freezing doesnt ALWAYS work... kind of like a wart on your hand.. if you dont get to the root of it then its still there. (cant tell how deep it goes).. ASK FOR them to BURN IT/them off.

As far as Hubby or BF.... if he knows or when you tell him.. to see use a Q-tip..and proxycide. blotch it on his thingy... when you feel a bump. the "seeds' should turn white. Both of you need to be checked. untreated can lead to other issues. GL
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 12:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• yes, I got a full pap smear when I got checked. Hubby doesn't have ANY bumps. I told him right away about it.
    Does the burning hurt? Like I said, this is right in the folds of my clit - VERY sensitive area!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I do think it hurts, almost like a burn, but they numb it first.. Better that than to have them spread ALLLLLL over that area and down to rectum. the longer it is there the more of the virus can spread. ( I cant remember th exact yr that I went in w/ my sister for this procedure, like some time 92-93 maybe. But also did exstensive studies on STD's VD's for college. ( so some of the painful issues back then may not be as painful now. ( keep me posted). GL doll * do u know how/where this came from??** Totally cool that you could talk to SO about this. very cool
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 2:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i would get checked again... i have had a cyst, which they originally told me was warts... wouldn't go away, another dr did some testing and took a look, sure enough a cyst... it was painful to have lanced... but has never come back and i was glad to know i was STD free.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It's one bump which about the size of my pinkie nail to start with, then it turned white, and has gotten much smaller now but looks like a blister
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2011