Work at home job/business?

Okay, so I'm a full time student with no income except my student loans. I have a 4 year old who I love, and I'm trying to find some kind of work. I'd like to try at SAH job, but have VERY little to invest...any ideas? I don't want something that I have to buy from every month (I've heard about this with the CEO moms company).

GothicChk52

Asked by GothicChk52 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

• At home jobs are going to be much harder to come by than a business. There are a lot of work at home groups here on cafe mom that you could check out. Some tell about home jobs and/or businesses that don't require money or if they do it's very little(ofcourse there are tons that require more than a little money too) Have you thought about maybe watching another child or 2 around your childs age? That would give some extra money and have someone for him/her to play with. Good luck with your search!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 2:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Thanks. I would do more babysitting, but being a full time student, my schedule is crazy. lol
    GothicChk52

Comment by GothicChk52 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• What are your skills? Have you ever worked before? Work at home jobs are very difficult to find.
    Jeannie721

Answer by Jeannie721 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I have worked in a factory, at a fast food place, and the most recent is I've interned at Every Woman's Place. it's a local Women's Abuse Shelter and the top floor has a youth home for kids who have run away or been court ordered out of the home for a while. I LOVE doing that, but I can never seem to get in when they have openings there. I'm in school for Human Services right now, so I know A LOT about Psychology and people.
    GothicChk52

Comment by GothicChk52 (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I blog about these types of opportunities.  You are more than welcome to read through my blog when you get time at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing and small business marketing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• rkolms, you are one busy woman! lol I'll definitely check out those sites. Thanks. :)

Mavi, I looked at your site. I saw it on a previous post and hence this question...lol
    GothicChk52

Comment by GothicChk52 (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I would love to share the business information about Mary Kay. We are offering a special deal this month for the starter kit. contact me thru cafemom or email me kbressan@msn.com and I will share the details with you. No Sales Quotas or Territories. You would be great...around a lot of people!!! You work it around your life. Free training and TONS of support!!! Contact me today!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I do PrePaid Legal .. low start up fee and no quotas. Set your schedule around your life. No parties, no products, no order filling etc.
    It's been a great option for me.
    Basically, a PrePaid Legal membership does for legal and attoney fees what medical insurance does for doctor and medical bills.

www.pplsuccesschannel has a show that recently aired about PPL. Message me if you would like more info. :-) Good luck !
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Great move to look into working for yourself. I would love to show you how you can make anywhere from few hundred dollars a month to replacing an income. I have a business with Arbonne International. We are a 30 year old Swiss skin care and wellness company. The beauty of this business is that not only can you leverage your time, the products are consumable and therefore reorders are received very month. You may check out these unique and sought after products at www.marywozniak.myarbonne.com. I look forward to speaking with you....have a super day!
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 7:23 AM on Apr. 15, 2011