Potty training sucks!!

So I've been potty training fo a few months now and I'm quite frustrated and overwhelmed with the whole thing by now. She is getting better but it's usually because I'm making her sit on the potty and she will reluctantly go or she will reluctantly go on he own because she doesn't have a pamper on. I try to make it as positive and rewarding as possible and she has gotten better but I need tips. She used to down right refuse and be very upset when she would "use it" because she saw it as disgusting but now I think she just likes to use The pamper and she isn't so disgusted with the potty now. Any advice on how to help thus process, or do I need to wait it out. She's 2 yrs 4 mths old and I started potty training when she showed interest at around 20 mths

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 12:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• This is what I used on my son, it took four days when he was 2.5

http://themominformed.blogspot.com/2011/04/potty-learning-mom-informed-style.html

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My daughter was 2yrs and 4 months when she was fully trained. I quit altogether with the diapers and went straight to panties. My daughter loved the panties. she thought she was a big girl. Yes she had accidents but it only lasted a couple days. Good Luck.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• with my daughter we started when she turned 2 but she wasnt ready so we just waited alittle while longer. when she was about 2 and a half we tried again. and we didnt use pull ups we went straight to panties but mostly we just reminded her and she went. it was kinda easy with her. shes only had 1 accident and she was excited to be like mommy. good luck
    adriana1024

Answer by adriana1024 at 12:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• We used a sticker chart. Every time she went she got to put a sticker on the chart. I have used sticker charts with all 5 of my kids and it has always worked. After she gets so many stickers she a reward like an ice cream or something really special like it. Good luck and remember every thing will click for her when she is completely ready
    mommyoffivePL

Answer by mommyoffivePL at 2:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2011