What age...?

at around what age do you put your baby in a crib if they've been in a bassinet .... i'm having a debate with my husband over this ...
our oldest when in his crib (which convert's to his day toddler bed) when he was three months... and our youngest who's 3months still sleep in's his bassinet...and I want to get him his crib ... he say's we still have time...

So what age do you put a baby in a crib...? & If so do we still have time...?

proudmommy_0811

Asked by proudmommy_0811 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• When my children no longer slept comfortably in the bassinet.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Go by his size. Does he still have room in the bassinet or is he starting to get cramped in there?
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My girls went into a crib when they started to get too big for the bassinet.   That also meant they moved from our room into their own room.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• When they can roll over, they need to be out of a bassinet. I prefer making the crib into a side car. http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/index.htm

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My DD didn't go into her crib until she was six months but that was too long to wait. She was getting way too big for her bassinet, but I was nursing and she usually ended up spending at least half the night in bed with me anyway. But I probably should have moved her a month or two earlier than I did, so I would say you could move your baby anytime between now and a month or two from now depending on his size. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• she slept in the bassinet til she was too long for it, about 3 months
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Switch him. He is right at the limit anyway. If you still want him close, do the sidecar thing. He'll have room, but, will still be close.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I think it's 2 months. If you want to start good sleep habits, it is a perfect time. The longer you wait the harder it becomes.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I was going to keep our son in the bassinet until 3 months,but he grew too fast. We ended switching to the crib around 2 months. I think it is either before 4-5 months or when the are to heavy for the bassinet.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My son's 3months can semi roll over and moves from the middle to the bottom of his bassinet and weighs almost 14lbs my bassinet says 15lbs is the weight limit but guys tend to say it's okay he seem's to be so cramped but my husband to be doesn't think so... what do i do...?
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2011