Can you boil frozen chicken?

I'm making chicken and dumplins for dinner tonight. My chicken is still frozen solid. DH says I can boil it and it will be fine. Really? I don't really trust what he says in the kitchen. lol. He can't figure out how to turn the oven have you ever boiled frozen bone in chicken breasts?

Asked by texasgurl33 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I always put it in a bowl and then in the sink with really hot water. If u keep the water running it will thaw in less then 15 minutes. U can keep hot water in the bowl and let it sit and change the water when it starts to cool..U will be able to tell if they r thawing, by touching them and trying to see if they r flexible.

Answer by dancer at 12:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yeah, you can. The chicken breasts will spend the first ten minutes or so thawing, but it'll work fine for chicken and dumplings.

Answer by SWasson at 12:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I think it will be ok but do it on a low flame so it will thaw out slowly and not get over done. Or just get you a good size bowl and stick in there with warm water it should be thawed out before dinner. I usually take out meat the night before and leave it in the sink sometimes my dh says put the meat back up were eating out tonight so I stick it in the fridge til the next day for dinner. GL I love when he wants to eat out so do the kids ;)

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes you can, I have many times to make chicken and noodle soup. I usually boil them till they are floating on the surface of the water, they cut them open to make sure they are done, if still pink, I put them back on to boil for a bit and check them again.

Answer by sdks2011 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• yes

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• BTW chicken and dumplings sounds yummy!!!!

Answer by dancer at 12:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• yes you can. thats how we do it and they come out YUMO!

Answer by Leelee1008 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes,they'll be fine

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Thanks ladies. Not too sure I want to tell him ya'll agreed. LOL.

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes it can be boiled

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2011