Online reads for getting sleep habits started?...I WANT HER OUT OF MY BED!

..lol..Kenzie turns 3 in June, and for the last year and a half (almost 2 years) she has been in our bed. Being 7 almost 8 months pregnant, I'm getting more and more uncomfortable and have very little space to sleep, I need to get her in her bed..plus it's something that needs to happen. I'm against crying it out, and I want her to be able to come get us if she gets scared or has a bad dream (I don't want to lock her in or out by child proofing our/her door)..I know it's going to be hard, so I'm honestly not quiet sure where to begin..I've tries doing a night light and it hasn't seemed to help anything..are there any places that I can read books online? I've heard great reviews on Elizabeth pantley's book and a few others..any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No online suggestions. Just make her sleep in her bed. Put her in bed and when she gets out keep putting her back. It helps if you let her pick out her bedding. Talk up how she is a big girl and needs to sleep in her own bed because that is what big girls or big sisters do. She will cry, she will fight but she will get used to it. Set up a bedtime routine. Bath, snack, bedtime story, bed. Soft music playing helps soothes kids to sleep.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• If you want to do it in a way that won't freak her out, get her bed and put it right beside yours, slowly move her farther away until she is on the opposite side of the room. Then you can move her to her own room by that time.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I was in the same situation that you were in last summer. Ijust found out I was pregnant and after I got kicked in the belly by my daughter I told my husband she needs to start sleeping in her own bed. The way we did it with our daughter was at night she got a bath, brushed her teeth, put pj's on, picked out a book and she got into bed. I would sit next to her bed and read her a story or two. After a few days she learned to stay in bed. This was after a lot of trial and error. I tried shutting the door and standing there and everytime she got out of bed I would put her back to bed that just made the situaiton worse. She is going to cry once you walk out there is no getting around that. Our doctor told us to go in after 10 minutes and check on her but for us it made her just cry harder when we walked out. After a few days she stopped crying when I walked out.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2011