What would you do if you found out DS had sexually touched DD adult content

DS is 14, and DD is 5......you've just found out that he's touched her sexually, and done oral on her......how do you handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• wow, I would get him help as soon as possible, that is just sick!

Answer by older at 12:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Tough situation. Therapy at the least. You need to protect your 5 year old. DS is old enough to know what was done was wrong.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Your SON touched your daughter? I would turn him in and get him the help he needs. Not to mention the help your daughter needs. Find out if someone was touching your son.

Imaginationmama: her SON did it, doesn't make him a loser. Maybe someone did something to him when he was younger. WOW.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Wow, I would ask him where he even learned that!! They would be separated and DS would be not only reported to whatever police needed to be involved but also get help for both kids!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• OMG!!!! That is horrible!!!! I would take DS to a therapist!!! I would be sooo angry!!! I would take my DD to a doctor. WOW!!! I am almost speechless!! U can call the police and they can put him in a mental ward on a mandatory 72 hour hold! U cannot let this go!!! No simple rule breaking will even come close to being enough!! Please keep me updated!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Call DCF, the police, a child psych for BOTH of them, remove DS from site, cry hysterically for awhile, then PRAY, PRAY, PRAY. God Bless.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Deal with it! This happened to me as a child and my family did nothing. When I spoke up as an adult they disowned me. A very good friend of mine went though this with her kids about 5 years ago. She turned her son in and put her daughter in therapy. The state put her son in therapy and in placement. She did the right thing. He got so much needed help. Her daughter needed the therapy her mom provided her. Her daughter still comes to me to talk about things. Therapy definitely helped her. Her mom's actions helped her and her brother greatly. Do not ignore this.
    Anonymous

• OOOOPS . . .apologies . . . I thought it was husband. This changes things.
    You do need to call CPS and make a report . . even though it is your son. It will be better for the family if it is you who reports, and not the school, neighbors, etc.
    Both need to get into counseling, ASAP.
    And, your son can never be left alone with your daughter again. You may need to think of how you can safeguard her at night.
    When you are looking for a therapist, find someone who specializes in perpetrators/offenders. Other therapists may not have the tools necessary to help your son as he needs . . . there are special interventions.
    For your daughter's emotional welfare, it is important that she see your son have a consequence. One of the biggest emotional injuries to survivors of incest if lack of protection and consequence.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• OMG !!!!!!!! i would be flipping out, he would be locked up and she would be seen at the nearest ER ..... I am a survivor, and i can say that it has been hard for me because theese things were not done and I was too young to do it myself. You have got to be hard and tough when dealing with this. It is not going to be easy in any way, shape or form, but he has to be put away from her, inorder to protect both of them. They will both need tons of therapy. I wanna cry for you and your children, because I know what this feels like as both a child and a parent. ..... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep me updated. May the gods keep you all safe.

sianniona

Answer by sianniona at 1:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Wow. I don't know what advice to give you. All I can offer you is a hug and a bump.

hugs

MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 1:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011