Why does it seem like I am an unpaid maid?

Every day it;s the same old routine, them messing up and me cleaning up. It seem round the clock, with little to no help. I am the first one up and the last to go to bed,thats if hubby isn't playing the game. (under paid)...

kesiaross

Asked by kesiaross at 1:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I think most Moms feel like this at one point or another. I have 6 kids so I understand you feeling like you clean constantly. The way I got over it, so called, was majorly decluttering. If I didn't want to take the time to clean it or if I didn't love something, it had to go. It's easier to work quicker. I also refuse to do more than 2 loads of laundry a day. If you didn't get your clothes down there quick enough, you'll have to wait another day LOL
    since_3.18.93

Answer by since_3.18.93 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Lol! I'm sorry mama...you must be SAHM...me too....at times I get the feeling that I could be working as a maid and at least making some money! lol....but thankfully those days are gettting rare...hubby tries to let me know that he's grateful for what I do..but I know it's rough...just hang in there mama and good luck
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I involve the household in cleaning. Even the youngest (3)! If you make a mess than you clean it! That's my rule. If I have to pick it up, it will be in the trash. You can start doing your own laundry as young as 5 with supervision. I did when I was a kid, in a family with seven siblings. Saturday morning we all clean. Everyone has thier own list of chores to do. The little ones help the adults. I think it's important to teach kids how to clean up and to do it regularly. I'm not going to be there to do it once they go to college!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 2:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It feels like that BECAUSE YOU ARE! LOL Bless your heart honey - we've all been there. With raising two sons there were times I felt like I was a live in maid for a couple of PIGS. Ewwww these make-a-mess-momma-will-clean-it-up kids make ya nuts some days.
    I'm so sorry Momma - I remember feeling exactly the same way as you.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 2:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Why don't you insist the family help. Why do you let them treat you like that. As long as you allow that to continue they will continue to do it. If you don't like being treated like the maid stop being the maid.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yeah, I hear ya. Im in the same boat. Three kids under 3, a dh who works all day, and seems to not know what a garbage bag is or how to vacuum. Its no fun. Try to find a good sitter and hit the town every now and then. It helps!
    becca2715

Answer by becca2715 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes its so true clean clean clean while others sit around and watch lol that is why I am single and moving into my own place.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2011