Do you think raising boys or girls is easier?

Just the other day... I mentioned to a parent in my sons class that we have been through 3 pairs of jeans/pants this year alone because of skinned knees while running or riding bikes and she said "Yeah, girls don't tear up their clothing like boys do, raising girls is so much easier!" Hmmmmm....... I'd like to know your thoughts on that subject.......

FingerPainter

Asked by FingerPainter at 1:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ha! I have 3 boys and 2 girls....my girls cost me 5x's more money. That's not counting the raging hormones (my oldest dd is 12), and their constant flare for drama. My boys will beat eachother up and be best friends again in a matter of minutes. My girls will hold grudges and make eachother miserable for days. Girls clothes are more expensive, I'm about to dish out $700 for cheerleading cuz my daughter made the squad next year, but my son's football only cost $75.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I'd have to say boys are easier.less drama... I have two girls ages 17 and 12. And a son who will 11 in May.
    You may buy three pair of jeans but think about the dresses, shoes. Jewlery, hair do's and make up. That all adds up. I would have rather brought three pair of jeans. I should mention we just just went through our first prom. Now the 12 yr old starts school dances, too. My son a pair of slacks, nice shirt and tie... Done... even just renting a tux for prom. Easier...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I'd say she's never seen what my daughter does to clothes. ;)

I don't think either gender is 'easier' or 'harder.' I think kids are individuals with their own quirks and challenges, as well as their own gifts and ease. I hate when people try to categorize and shove them into little neat pink and blue boxes. LOL!
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Crud, hit send before I wanted to. LOL! My son is hard on his stuff too, fwiw. But, as I started to say, so is my daughter.

What makes one kid sometimes more challenging the other in our house has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with individual personalities at play.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Boys are waaaaay easier. Atleast for me anyway.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2011