For those of you that have chores for your children

Do you children always act surprised when it comes time to do their chores? My SS always acts like it is new when I remind him to do his chores, even though he does the same ones everyday.

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I have the same problem and have had it with every kid. It's like they have the chore memory sucked out of their brains while they sleep!
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Mine whine about it every time, but I don't care. They still have to do them. My kids are 8 and 3. When they complain, I'll add a chore just for kicks. If there's nothing for them to do, I'll make one up.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Oh mine are 23 18 and15 and still whine when it comes to doing chores like it is a new thing just par for the course I guess.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Mine doesn't act surprised....she just has to be reminded daily to do them....and I love this one....I am now starting to get the "moment of silence" before starting the chore. No remark, no dirty look, but I see it bubbling in there....I love that little teenage monster just wanting to get out of that little pre-teen body....obviously it's smart enough to relize it "has the right to remain silent, cause anything it says can and will be used against her...." LOL I love that kid...she's so funny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2008