Being a loner by choice

Do you ever feel like just disconnecting with everyone. I'm just tired of everyone pitty drama. I live a pretty simple life - just my kids and I. I have a few close friends and several acquantances. It's the close friends and co-works, drama, drama, drama... get over it alreay and live your life is what i'd like to tell them.
I sometimes think, just not talking to anyone would be better.I don't mean be rude but just small talk with everyone, good morning and pleasent conversation is all I need... I think...

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• That's how I've been my whole life but I'm kind of starting to try to break away from that now.....I'm too young to be a hermit lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I am pretty much a loner by choice -- and I like it! My only drama is what my DD's bring into my life!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I have felt that way many times. Usually when my family is causing drama with each other, I feel like packing up and moving far away where nobody knows us. I know I would get homesick though so that is kind of confusing!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I've felt like that, and done that PLENTY of times. I usually disconnect, and once rejuvenated get back into socializing... only to remember why I disconnected in the first place. If you don't have drama in your OWN life... dealing with other peoples drama is stress that's just not fun
    brandy0827

Answer by brandy0827 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I have tried that, then more drama starts because they think something is wrong with you because you are not talking like you used too........It's so crazy but I know exactly how you feel..............VACATION from DRAMA that would be awesome
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 1:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I'm a loner too. It's hard for the people that love me to understand that I'm not depressed. I try to explain that I just need daily time to myself. It helps if I associate it with an activity like going for a walk, meditating, or watching the sunset, but sometimes they all want to join me in these activities! I've tried to reassure my fiancĂ© that giving me this time alone means I will be happier and in a better mood later, but social butterflies can't get it. I am happy in my own head! Really! My thoughts are not disturbing, they are comforting and helpful.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 1:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I am a loner by choise.. Hate drama with a pasion. If you have issues, leave me out of it.

Answer by louise2 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Loner, although I think I would like a friend. All my close friends are on the west coast. I've not been successful in establishing any friendship in the eleven years I've lived here. Most of the time I'm okay with it but once in a while it would be nice to meet a friend for lunch. I'm not interested in anyone else's drama, mine is all I can and want to handle.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Thanks for all the input. Today, was a little rought. I told the one person, who'd like to keep talking to - that there is nothing wrong, when he asked why I wasn't my usual self. I tried to tell him that "that some people are just the people they are, but that doesn't mean I have to be around them" He was happy with my explaination and said he'd leave it at that.
    SO, we'll see what tomorrow brings.
    I didn't go to break this morning, at lunch - I went for a walk around the building, went out to my car for little while to eat my lunch and still went inside to spend about five minutes with "the group of people, with drama" - In the afternoon, I did go to break, but the main person I want to avoid is not there.
    Hoping tomorrow goes as well.
    thanks again...
    SassySue123

Comment by SassySue123 (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2011