Not sure if this can be attributed to Bill Cosby, but I am sure that at least one of these topics will provoke debate ...

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.
Please use in that order.

Bill Cosby has a great way of "distilling"
things.  
Looks like he's done it again!

AMERICA NEEDS A CANDIDATE WITH THIS PLATFORM!!

I  HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT IN THE YEAR 2012..

HERE IS MY PLATFORM:

(1). Any use of the phrase: 'Press 1 for English'
 is immediately BANNED!!!.    English  is  the official language;   speak it or wait outside of our borders until you can.

(2). We will immediately go into a two year isolationist  attitude in order to straighten out the greedy big business posture in this country. America will allow NO imports,  and we'll do no exports.     We will use the '
Wal-Mart 's policy,  
'If  we
 ain't got it, you don't need it.' We'll make it here and sell it here!

(3). When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it coming in here.

(4). All retired military personnel will be required to man one of the many observation towers located on the southern border of the United States  (six month tour). They will be under strict orders not
 to fire on  SOUTH BOUND  aliens.

(5). Social Security will immediately return to its original state
.   If you didn't put nuttin in, you AIN'T getting nuttin out.  Neither the President nor any other politician will be able to touch it.

(6). Welfare. -- Checks will be handed out on Fridays, at the end of the 40 hour school week, the successful completion of a urinalysis test for drugs, and passing grades.

(7). Professional Athletes -- Steroids?  The FIRST time you check positive you're banned from sports ... For life.

(8). Crime -- We will adopt the Turkish method,  I.e.,  the  first
 time you steal,  you lose your right hand.  There is no more 'life sentences'.  If convicted of murder, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for the victim you killed: gun, knife, strangulation,  etc.

(9). One export of ours will be allowed: wheat; because the world needs to eat.  However, a bushel of wheat will be the EXACT price of a barrel of oil.

(10).  All foreign aid, using American taxpayer money, will immediately cease and the saved money will help to pay off the national debt and, ultimately, lower taxes.  When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask The American People if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision as to whether, or not, it's a worthy cause.

(11). The Pledge of Allegiance will
 be said  EVERY day
At School

And  every day in CONGRESS.

(12). The National Anthem  will
 be played at all appropriate ceremonies,  sporting events,  outings, etc.

My apology is offered if I've stepped on anyone's toes .... Nevertheless.....

GOD
BLESS AMERICA !

Sincerely,  Bill Cosby

tasches

Asked by tasches at 1:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm happy with it, as stated, regardless of who wrote it.

If I were to add anything it would be a copy of the bill of NO rights. ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV, or any other form of wealth. ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone - not just you! ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care. ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people... ARTICLE X: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means you have the right to pursue happiness - which by the way, is a lot easier if you are unencumbered by an overabundance of idiotic laws created by those of you who were confused by the Bill Of Rights.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Can you please reduce the font size on this? Really hard to read. Occurs to me that WalMart will have a hell of a hard time if imports are banned!

I don't personally know a place where the Pledge of Allegiance and National Anthem aren't regularly stated (and in the case of the latter regularly MANGLED) on a daily basis.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I do find #2 completely ironic. I know this is in good fun, but Wal-Mart would be empty without imports. That is one of many reasons why I refuse to give them one red cent.

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I don't really care who said those proposals...it doesn't matter, they are pretty good. The ONLY one i don't agree with is theft. I believe people who may do petty theft once, can learn their lesson and not repeat, so to lose a hand is pretty harsh. But other than that one statement, i would like to see all the rest in effect!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 2:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I don't care who wrote it. It's pretty good. While I agree that we need to be tougher on first-time offenders to keep them from becoming repeat offenders, I also agree that #8 is too harsh for that. (I do like the punishing murderers in a like fashion statement, though.) But the rest of it gets two thumbs up.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I like his thinking!
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• he'd have my vote!
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 1:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• A statement from Bill Cosby
    "I am not a write-in candidate for president. The statement purportedly from me stating that I am a candidate is a hoax. The platform attributed to me (and at various times Robin Williams, Andy Rooney, and George Carlin) does not represent my views and in many respects is abhorrent to me. Apparently those bloggers and websites that continue to spread this hoax do not care to do even minimal fact checking."
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

>>>>
    Especially since Walmart used to be all about made in the USA. Sam Walton is vomiting in his grave
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Bill Cosby didn't write that and wouldn't agree with most of it.

Isolationism is suicidal and the rest of it sounds like sharia law.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2011