My washing machine will not drain?

We really do not need to deal with this right now. This morning my washer decides to quit working properly. It will go through the complete washing cycle but it will not drain. When it gets to the rinse cycle it just quits. Has this happened to anyone before? Is it serious or something easy to fix (meaning not half the cost of buying a new one) I called dh and told him. He is going to look at it. I thought I would see if anyone had expeienced this before!

RhondaJ

Asked by RhondaJ at 1:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Home & Garden

• sounds like your pump is clogged. we always end up with a sock or something blocking our drain. google to the rescue!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Sounds like it might be an easy fix. I think that happened to my parents a couple years ago but the repair person messed it up more so they had to replace it.
    malexander2009

Answer by malexander2009 at 5:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Baby sock was caught.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• check the wash bin for anything potentially stuck
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 3:25 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Id call someone to look at it
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• That would be awesome if it was a sock! I just really don't have the money right now to spend on repairs. I do laundry everyday so I would be lost without my washer for three or four days! I will mention that to dh when he gets home!
    RhondaJ

Comment by RhondaJ (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Update! Dh took the washer apart and turns out the pump was plugged up but it damaged part of it because it ran too long and got too hot. He ordered the part from a repairman that works on washers. It is going to cost $46 to fix it. He said we are going to save about $75 dollars by dh doing it himself. so that is good. Should be fixed this week.
    RhondaJ

Comment by RhondaJ (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011