How do I trap a leprechaun?

I think that I have a leprechaun loose in my house somewhere. I often hear the running of small feet around my house (especially in the morning), I have caught glimpses of him darting through the hallways on occasion, and have found fine gold powder in various areas of the house. I know this sounds crazy, but it is true. And yes, I do and have always believed in leprechauns. My great-grandmother caught one once, but let him loose in the woods. Does anyone know the best way to catch one of these creatures? Or has anyone caught one before? I don't know what kind of trap to use. I don't want him to be hurt. I just want him out of my house, as his presence is unnerving.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Home & Garden

• LoL, get a dog carrier and stink all your jewelry in it then slam it closed once they are in!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Pot of gold trap =) lol Oh & a rainbow they will follow it to the end set a trap there!!! hahahahaha
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I was going to say go see a dr, but I'll go with it for the hec of it....Um you could make a trail of lucky charms into a dog cage....
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• LOL yesmaam you crack me up! I'm going to have to agree with her answer :) good luck!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• LOL..well..there is quite a bit of stuff out there if you google it..heres one way:

http://familycrafts.about.com/cs/leprechauns/a/030501a_2.htm

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It is very difficult to catch a tricky Leprechaun, but you can sure have fun trying! The first thing you need to do is build a trap. There is no right or wrong way to build a Leprechaun trap.Once you build your trap, don't forget to add bait to help lure the Leprechaun. Since Leprechauns are very greedy, one of the best things you can use for bait are coins! If you don't want to use real coins, you can easily substitute candy coins or make your own gold coins by cutting circles out of cardboard and painting them gold. Gold nuggets made by painting small rocks are another option.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Did you ask the kids for suggestions? I bet they have some good ones.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Kids always have interesting ideas.
    malexander2009

Answer by malexander2009 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Get some of those floor tiles that you peel the back off and put it on the floor upside down then put some gold on it and when he goes to get the gold he will stick. I would use one square just for the gold and put squares all around it. Use real gold b/c they know the real stuff from the fake. I wouldn't let him go if I was you, I would keep him in a jar.

Or

you could move all your gold out of your house and leave a door or window open for him to get out.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Green beer!
    LoLLiPoPm0m

Answer by LoLLiPoPm0m at 1:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2011