Seperation Anxiety?

DS is soon to be 23 months old and I thought that him getting up in the middle of the night was due to his teeth. Now it is getting worse. He not only gets up in the middle of the night now he won't go to bed. This is from the kid that tells you when he tired. i just spent a hr and half trying to get him down for his nap. He's tired, he told me so and he was acting like it. He cried everytime i left the room, screamed like he was dieing. i had to rub his head and sing to him and he finally went out. I begged me not to go bye bye. i kept telling him I wasn't going any where but he still kept saying it.

He has went through seperation anxiety before but the last time was at 15 months.

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Mom he will outgrow this soon enough and then he will want nothing to do with you, hang in there.

Answer by older at 1:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I am going through the same thing its much better now but he still is very clingy to me. I know he will get over it & am actually enjoying it as he is my last baby. At times it gets crazy but it will get better.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• You could always try to do some songs on a cd of you or just you talking to him like you normally would to play for him while he goes down. Then start reducing the time it plays until he no longer needs it.
    amandem

Answer by amandem at 2:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2011