How do you do it... husband playing video games for hours?

To those of you who have husbands who play video games for hours on end throughout the week

I know they deserve their "down time" - my DH gets all the cave time he needs...and thank goodness he doesn't play video games -- but dang, I hear some of you moms talking about being stressed, feeling taken for granted, being too overworked with housework and kids etc while your DH plays video games. And I hear a lot about DHs not doing their fair share or helping you moms.

I just wanna say KUDOS to you cuz I would probably have knocked DH in his head by now if he acted like that.

-- How in the world do you put up with it??

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 2:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I play with him...that our bonding time LOL
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• With loving patience. And when that fails, you join him! lol.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Luckily, my DH only plays them at night. He goes through small phases though. It normally happens when we both crave alone time which works out great.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 2:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Mine dosnt play video games either. If he did there would be a time limit on them with him as well! Guess Im lucky because my hubby helps around the house without being asked and would never neglect me.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I either play with him, watch him or put a time limit on it.. I can only stand so much! lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I finally drilled it into my DH head that it was not exceptionable for a grown man with a family to neglect his home duties for a game. He lied to me about a bill he 'paid' and didn't and it was late. To make up for the fees I made him sell his x-box. That pretty much taught him... WE now have video game systems in the house and he doesn't over play them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I tried to get into WOW w/him, but dang I just cannot do it, I tried for 6 hrs straight lol. So we do this....I'm addicted to lifetime movies, and he cannot stand them. So I record the movies and watch them while he play, but we schedule this only 2 nights/week.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Eh, it gives me time to do my own activities or to get stuff done while he is being occupied. He doesn't play in the evening when our son is home, unless they are playing together. My only problem is on his off week, he plays at night in our bedroom, so I don't get a good nights rest.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My DH plays the Wii maybe twice a week..WITH THE KIDS! Its great time for all of them and they love it! Other than that...he doesnt play it at all.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I just let him play his video games, I use to get really upset about it, then I realized that he could be out doing much worse.
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 2:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2011