Anyone have a near death experience?

NTAMS

Asked by NTAMS at 2:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes i was swimming in puerto rico with my dh. We were in water up to my hips doing superman's over the waves laughing and all of a sudden i couldn't feel the floor. I swear a month before we went i heard someone talk about undertows and how you shouldnt fight it just go with it. Well my dd was on shore and i was drowning screaming my dh thought i was playing but i didnt come up so he came in after me! He gets sucked into it and im thinking great were dead so i stop fighting it and let go and he grabs my hand and some how gets us both out of there. I will NEVER go into any type of water unless its a pool or bath lol because in mexico i got stung by a poison mantra so my next stop is a shark lol

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 2:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I was at Little River Canyon (Alabama) with a friend. we were standing on a cliff at the top of a huge waterfall. (on some rocks in the middle of he river) We were taking pictures from the top of the waterfall. We were starting to head back across the river (knee deep water) towards the bank when my friend lost her balance and got swept away, dragging me down with her. She happened to catch hold of the rocks we were previously standing on, but i kept going!! I went right to the very edge of the waterfall & somehow (i have no clue how, ended up on the rocks with her)...There was lots of people that witnessed it & no one could explain how i didnt go over the edge of the drop to nothing but huge rocks below! I have nightmares to this day about that. & I still go back to that place, but DONT get into the water of course. It is the absolute WORST feeling ever. The only explanation is GOD! witout a doubt!!
    LandonsMama01

Answer by LandonsMama01 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I've had two. The first was when I was about 6 or 7. I fell from a pretty high platform thingy and landed flat on my back on the rocky ground. I stopped breathing and my heart stopped for a minute. The second was when I was 8.5. I was living in an apartment complex with a pool and there was a bully who was about 15 and twice my size. He hated me and my friend for some reason, and when I went to the pool with a neighbor one day, the bully kid was there. He grabbed me and yanked off my bracelets and stuff (they were those woven rope type things) and used them to tie my hands and feet, then he threw me in the pool. I couldn't swim well anyway, and my head smacked the edge of the pool. I blacked out as I sank. I woke up a few minutes later to someone giving me CPR (thankfully an off duty EMT was there) and everyone freaking out and calling for an ambulance.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:10 AM on Apr. 16, 2011