Does anyone here make home-made Chicken soup.?

I used to make it alot years ago, But Iv'e haven't made it in such a long while. I can't seem how to remember how I made it completely. Can anyone on here please help me out. Thanks.

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 2:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I start mine with a whole chicken carcass from the night before and boil it into stock along with some onions, carrots and celery(sometimes some rosemary, thyme and sage other times cilantro). Then I strain it into another pot so all I have is stock. If I used the poultry seasoning mix in the stock I go with that and add aslt and pepper to taste with some diced carrots, celery, onion, peas and pasta or rice. If I used the cilantro I add more cilantro, sazon, salt pepper, carrots, green beans, onion, celery and rice. I top the Spanish style with diced tomatoes and avocado.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I suppose mine would be considered "semi-homemade" I boil up some chicken & shred it. Then I cook carrot & celery slices in some store bought chicken stock. I add seasonings, fresh garlic, and a bay leaf or two. Then when they are cooked up I add some egg noodles and the cooked chicken. When its all done you pull out the bay leaves & its ready to be eaten.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• nope i like potato soup.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I basically just boil up some chicken legs till they are cooked through, then peel off the the skin and discard it. Peel all the chicken off the bones and add carrots,celery, onions and bay leaf and my no salt chicken bouillon,( Again have to keep my sodium very low) when the vegs. are done then I take out the bay leaf and put in small soup size noodles and let them cook till they are done. It still pretty good without all the salt from the canned broths.
    mlgrob57

Answer by mlgrob57 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2011