Being with somebody else?

I've been married to DH for a few years and DD is 5. My marriage has been on its rocks from time to time...sometimes I honestly wonder if it is even going to work out. Lately I have been fantasizing about what it would be like to be with somebody else. I do have a specific person in mind, but I don't think in reality I'd ever be with him. But thinking about it makes me feel better. It's horrible I know, but I don't really know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• as long as it is only in your head, no harm.. its when you become obsessed with the idea that the problem comes up. Someone had a great idea to do a role play night that ends in a hot and heavy hotel night. have a "blind" date with DH where he rents the room and gets ready there, you get ready at home so neither of you know what the other is wearing and make up people to be for the night or just through dinner. that to me sounds like a blast!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• BECARFUL WITH YOUR MIND. IT'S A VERY CONTROLLING PLACE. TALK TO YOUR MAN, NOW!
    Call4me

Answer by Call4me at 2:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Fantasizing about this other person is probably your way of escaping your reality. I think you're obviously not happy, but I also think that there is no way that bringing this other person into the picture is going to make anything better. Either way, I think you should figure out if you can or even want to work things out with DH, and if not, get out and then think about moving on.
    soccer.mom

Answer by soccer.mom at 3:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• notihng wrong with fantasizing... If you take it to the next level and ACTUALLY do it..then you need to take a step back and fix it...
    JT32606

Answer by JT32606 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I think you would be happier if you stopped fantasizing about other men and got starry eyes for the one you're with. What attracted you in the first place? What about him do you find sexy? Make a list it will help you focus.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 12:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2011