In cases of severe trauma have you ever watched from outside your body?

NTAMS

Asked by NTAMS at 2:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, but how interesting that would be. I read a true story about this experience called 90 minutes in heaven. good read
    Call4me

Answer by Call4me at 2:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I was shot at about a year ago by an ex. as soon as i heard the shot i remember watching the situation from a different view. The same also occured when i was being robbed at work at gunpoint, and the first time when I was six and woke up to mom boyfriend raping me. Its almost like my soul leaves my body because each time i have two view points from each memory.
    NTAMS

Comment by NTAMS (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• no can't say that I have. Most of my trauma was so severe that I don't remember a lot.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Wow @ everything that's happened to you. I'm so sorry for what you've had to deal with. I haven't experienced anything like that myself, but I've read that that's the minds way of coping with what's happening.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Not that I remember but, I've known people who have experienced that. it's called dissociating & it's a common occurence for many during trauma.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 2:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Yes. My ex husband made a nasty disrespectful speech about me to about 35 people. It was very funny but very hurtful to me. I disassociated and went somewhere else. I felt very cold and as if I wasn't in my body. I filed for divorce later.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 3:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2011