Do you wear makeup every day?

my friend whos not married and does not have kids asked me why dont you get ready everyday like before? now i do not sit in my p.j.s all day but i dont put make up on everyday. She asked me arent you afraid you dh will go look at other women who are put together and cheat! lol i said if hes that shallow ill hold the door open and ill leave.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I do. But I go to work every day. On weekends I go to my kids games.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I don't wear it every day, but I do wear it often and do so for myself and my husband.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I don't put makup on anymore either. I do go to work, but I don't want the hassle. Maybe at some point I will start again. But my DH has always said that I don't need it and he likes it when I don't wear anything.

I do wear it if we are going out.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 2:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I do on the weekdays because I go to work. On the weekends I do not bother. Why put makeup on if I am going to be home cleaning.
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 2:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• no I don't wear makeup everything, in fact, I rarely ever wear it even to work. When me and DH get the chance to go out, I put a little on...he says he prefers me without it. I agree with you, if my hubby was so shallow to go looking for another woman because I didn't wear makeup everyday, I'd hold the door open for him, closing it shut behind him and he'd better hope it doesn't hit him in the butt on his way out.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I do. It makes me feel better about myself, my husband likes it, and If I need to run out to the store or for some other emergency, I'm ready to go.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I think that make-up can be good, but it also can be harmful. If you feel you have to have make-up to look good, then it is harmful . There can never be a more beautiful you! :)
    jtruax

Answer by jtruax at 2:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I wear make-up 4 days a week (when I work) and none if I am home and not going anywhere. My husband knows what I look like when I'm not dolled up and if he wasnt' okay with it, we wouldn't be together. I think your friend may be a bit shallow.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes. To one degree or another (full make up, just some mascara and lipstick.) depending on the day. However, I always have my hair done, make up on and dressed before my husband comes home from work.

I do not do this for my husband, not because he wants me to, not because I'm afraid he will wander if I don't. I do it for ME and me alone. I prefer how I feel about myself, I prefer how I carry myself , and how I view myself when I do. I'm 48 yrs old, and I'm proud of how I look and feel. I take good care of myself and it shows. I present myself in the manner that I do to my husband (and others) for me, not them.The way my husband still looks at me after (nearly) 26 years, the way he smiles with pride when he introduces me to people, and the like. All those things are just cherries on top of my sundae of life.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Not every day - but most days.
    Jessica79

Answer by Jessica79 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2011