Adam and Eve or no?

Do you believe there was an actual Adam & Eve in history, or do you think that their story is just an allegorical interpretation? And what about the theory of evolution? Who thinks these two theories are intertwined? Sometimes I'm not sure what to believe.

ilovepoms

Asked by ilovepoms at 2:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I believe there was an Adam and Eve and I believe they were God's first created people. I also put a lot of emphasis on the word 'first'. I believe they were the fist people created by God's hands , not the only people created by God's hands. I am not sure how I feel about evolution though I can comfortable say they 'could' be intertwining theories. Evolution being the means but God giving the direction.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes, I believe they were real. I believe that evolution happens, but I do not believe it changes from one species into a whole new species (ape to human). So I do not think we evolved from apes first.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Absolutely not. Creationism is a joke, and has NOTHING to do with evolution.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 2:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I believe in creation. Science can back up both of these theories, and for the world to be so incredible - full of all of the wonders that it has - I just can not fathom that occurring by chance.
    Jessica79

Answer by Jessica79 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• @But_Mommie: interesting way of thinking about it!
    ilovepoms

Comment by ilovepoms (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Adam and Eve, No. at least other than just a story to try to explain things (rather poorly if you think about it.) I do believe evolution but also feel it is important to note that evolution does not state where mankind came from only how it has changed from one generaion to the next.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yes, I do, exactly the way it is written in Genesis.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• (quote: Jessica79) "Science can back up both of these theories"
    =======
    Oh really? Care to provide one single LEGITIMATE source that backs up that claim? I don't mean a link to a Christian based website that tries to twist the truth to fit what they want it to, but an actual peer-reviewed scientific journal article that shows that there is some kind of evidence for Creationism.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 2:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• @Jessica79: I agree that none of this is all by chance!
    ilovepoms

Comment by ilovepoms (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I believe Adam and Eve were real. I believe God, so, I believe Adam and Eve were real.
    jtruax

Answer by jtruax at 2:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011