Misbavhing children

It used to really upset me when I saw kids acting a fool in public and being allowed to get away with it. Then I kept a friend autistic son for a week and learned that not all these kids are bad. However, sometimes I really wish I could say something to the parent. I remember watching a girl who must have been about ten punch her mom in the stomach and her mom gave into letting her get the candy she wanted.

How do you react when you see kids misbehaving in public? Running around restaurants?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Your right, not all kids are bad...their just kids for the most part but that doesnt mean that they can get away with that kind of behavior. They need consistant direction at home first. If they misbehave in public then we do time out in the car until they are ready to be good.
    LilBritches1

Answer by LilBritches1 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I ignore them unless they really become a problem with me then i will ask management to look into it
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• As long as it is not affecting me, I let them be. It's not my responsibility to take care of them.

There are of course exceptions to the rule.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 2:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• You just described my niece and nephews!
    We went out for chinese one time and all 4 of them were allowed to get down from the table and run around! At the time they were 5,4,2 and 18 mo.
    I asked the parents if they were gonna go get them and they said "they're fine" Umm,no they're not! They were running and chasing each other around! I got up and grabbed the older 2 and marched them back to the table,and the younger 2 followed. You can imagine the looks on the parents faces! My son was amazed that the other kids were being allowed to be bad. We never allow that type of behavior in public.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• well i know when we are out in public and i see kids doing crazy things and theire perents just do not say a word and my son try's to do what the other kids are doing i just tell him that is a NO NO just cause those kids do it and theire parent's are idiots it don't mean i will allow you to act that way you do what i say and i tell you to be good lol cause if i catch you doing stuff like that in public or out of public i really do not care you will get in trouble no reason for parents allowing there kids acting a fool.... i can go to a Dr's office and or a store and iam like omg just 2 weeks ago we went out to eat for dinner there was this family the mom was getting food her son was just behind her with a plate in one hand and walking pass all the food's and sticking his hands in all the food so i went up and told the manager that was just wrong and very nasty the bad thing his mom was allowing him to do so
    Proud-mommy-81

Answer by Proud-mommy-81 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I bite my tongue.

Answer by louise2 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2011