dying hair...

Is it safe to dye your hair while your breastfeeding?

Zacherysmommy08

Asked by Zacherysmommy08 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I wouldn't. those chemicals can enter your skin... right into breast milk.
    Anonymous

• My doc said it was fine after having the baby + I breast feed. He said I was in the clear. But different docs say different things, so check with your doc about it first.
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 10:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• if it's ok during your 3rd trimester, i dont see why not. But i agree with PP ask your doc
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i dyed my hair when i breastfed my DD. not during. lol. but i had my mom watch her for about an hour, so i could rinse out the smell and chemicals as much as i could so when i go to breastfeed her, the smell wont effect her. she was fine and didnt give me any problems. just make sure your child isnt close enough to those chemicals the dye gives off.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 10:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Well, hair color these days are more gental on your hair and scalp. It is possible for a small amount of chemicals to seep into your skin, but not enough to cause any harm, so don' t worry. ...color away. Indeed, it is always best to consult your health care provider if that gives you a solid peace of mind. Color Away..!..
    bun-n-ma-oven

Answer by bun-n-ma-oven at 3:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• There is no scientific proof that the chemicals enter your blood stream. Ask your Doctor
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 11:08 AM on Dec. 3, 2008