Gastric Bypass???

Anyone had one? What was your experience?? I am thinking of having it done....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Health

• My friend had the lapband and looks and feels great. I personally have been working out like crazy. I wouldn't recommend gastric bypass but the lapband I would
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I wouldnt do it,I had a few friends who have done it you will be real sick for awhile till you rbody adjust to eating changes.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 7:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Many, many, many people have the bypass and lose weight only to gain it back again. They never really dealt with the reasons that they gained the weight in the first place so they go right back to the bad eating habits they had before. You CAN stretch out the little stomach pouch and end up eating just like before. I'd do lots of research before I made a drastic decision like that one.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 9:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My sister's mom is gaining her weight back. You really have to research this to no end. It seems like a good fix but it's not a cure all.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2008