My dd cries when she has to come home from her dads...

Whenever my 5 yr old dd comes home from her dads , she throws a fit....I think its b/c he never gets on to her , lets he do as she pleases. When she is here she has little chores that she has to do like pick up her room. She has her own bed ( she sleeps with him at his house) , and if she does something bad of course I send her straight to time out.....what should I do , if anything at all..Should I talk to him about making her sleep by herself and maybe giving her some discipline..she ALWAYS comes home messed up,,she gets off of her schedule...

momofmonsters27

Asked by momofmonsters27 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Perfectly normal.

Unless you have a good relationship with her dad, don't say anything. He will take it as though you don't think he is capable of taking care of her.
    Just keep in mind that as she gets older, his catering to her will only backfire on him.

While it's hard, keep to your schedule when you have her. She will respect you for this when she gets older.
    I have the opposite problem, she cries when she has to go to her dads.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Thanks that makes alot of sense....I will just stick to mine and I dont think I will say anything about it...
    momofmonsters27

Comment by momofmonsters27 (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I agree with Jademom
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 12:47 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Absolutely talk to him. You need to get on the same page.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 1:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2011