Formula Kirkland brand from costco vs. similac advance? Is it the same?

has all the same ingrediants but I can't find where it's made

mamamia22

Asked by mamamia22 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I ALWAYS got the store brand kind. My doctor said to look at the ingredients and I did....they are the same but much cheaper. I was always went to the Safeway to get mine. I first started when I became a single mom of an infant with very little money. When I had twins with my now husband, I knew that I couldn't do the fancy formula so we did the same thing....SAFEWAY or any other store brand. Nothing is wrong with my children. My oldest is actually very smart so don't believe they hype about "brain boost" from other formulas.
    M4LG5

Answer by M4LG5 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• We use the store brand Rite Aid milk based formula - same as Similac Advanced. A co-worker was giving me a hard time about that, claiming her pediatrician told her that it was made in China. However, USA Today reported when the US was banning imported chinese food containing melanine, it stressed that we do NOT import milk or infant formula from China.
    Fed it to all 3 kids, none are the worse for it. I asked her how much stock her pediatrician has in Similac and she didn't reply.... :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• thank you so much for your replys. Ive breastfed for 6 months so I don't know a lot about formula.
    mamamia22

Answer by mamamia22 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I would double check the ingredients. I know that the similac sensitive was NOT the same as the Walgreens generic one.
    MarshmallowsMom

Answer by MarshmallowsMom at 7:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• We used Costco until we put my son on whole milk. He's a wonderfully happy, healthy little boy. From what I understand a lot of the Costco Brand stuff is actually made by some of the name brand producers. I wouldn't doubt that it IS simalac or some other name brand, just packaged for Costco. One of our friends has always said that the Kirkland Icecream tastes like Hagen Daaz. He asked an employee recently and thy told him that it actually was made by Hagen Daaz. Even if that isn't true, Costco has high quality stuff regardless. They pride themselves on it.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My daughter is on the Kirkland brand. Can you believe the price??? 2 25.7oz cans for only $18 . . .it's crazy. I also checked the ingredients . .they're the same. Why pay 3 times as much for the name brand?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Why are you giving your baby formula if you have been breastfeeding for six months?? I'm not challenging you, i'd just like to know.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• We just recently switched. I BF once a day at night. Trust me I wish I didn't have to But life happens.
    mamamia22

Answer by mamamia22 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2008