Where do you think Heaven really is?

First, let me ask if anyone has ever had a near death experience and saw a glimpse of the "afterlife" we have heard so many people speak about. For anyone who has not had one of these experiences, do you think heaven is a real place where we go and have real "lives" once we have left the earth? I read once that the "other side" is only 3 feet above us on another plane. Does that make sense to anyone, or has anyone ever heard or read that?

ilovepoms

Asked by ilovepoms at 3:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I don't believe it exists. People experiencing NDE often suffer injury to their temporal lobes which can cause hallucinations thus they aren't really seeing an afterlife but oxygen deprivation induced hallucinations or those caused by mssive head trauma.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Heaven is an imaginary place that only exists in religious mythology.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 3:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• In that 1/2 pan of brownies on the counter.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Yep i've read the same thing about 3 feet above us....authors such as Sylvia Browne about it, and it kinda makes sense for those that have seen spirits and it looks like they are floating 3 feet off the ground, they are just on their ground level.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I believe Heaven exists and since we are all made of energy and energy never dies we just change forms and live another existence on another plane.

Answer by gemgem at 3:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I believe in the afterlife but have no idea of the specifics of it. My ex-Mother-in-law believes we return to earth after we die and sometimes get "stuck" trying to learn life's lessons and really cannot "grow" (so to speak), until we have learned whatever the universe wants/needs from us. She swears in a former life her son (who is my ex-husband) was her father and her daughter was her mother. Supposively, we gravitate to familiar souls we knew in our previous lives. She is very conciencious of her carbon foot-print since she believes she will be reusing this Earth in her return. I grew up in a southern baptist church and her theory has stuck with me for years since it is quite the contrast to what I grew up hearing in the church.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 3:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• The factory where they make those little Ethel M chocolates with liqueurs inside
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I believe Heaven does exist, but where, I'm not sure. It's all a mystery :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 5:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I don't believe in heaven. I do however believe our energy continues on in another form. AS energy can be neither created nor destroyed. It has to go somewhere....maybe another plane? Who knows!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• idk, idcare..but what i believe Heaven to BE is what's important to ME..the where is irrelevant.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2011