What do you think of plastic Surgery?

Would you do it? On any part of your body face included?

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• i mean were are made the way we are and REGARDLESS everyone is BEAUTIFUL in there own ways....but then again if you have the money to do it hey go for it...me personally iam who iam and i just dont think i can do something like that...especially all the millions of surgeries that have gone wrong...but good luck to those that are going to or have..=)
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I had surgery done right beside my right eye.  Now later on I'll need surgery again to sort of "lift" it up a bit.  I don't see anything wrong with it.  I'd personally rather see women running around in sweats with messy hair than to see women running around looking "stretched" out from plastic surgery.  To each their own though.  Just like I prefer the natural look, others prefer to have tons of plastic surgery.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I say that if you can afford it and you want to do it for yourself -- then GO FOR IT! I had breast enlargement and have had absolutly NO REGRETS!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I would and I did! I had a tummy tuck, because even though I am ardent fitness buff, after having my son at 39 with an emergency c-section, my skin never went back, it had lost it's elasticity, so I opted for a tuck and I am just sorry I did not do it sooner. I had a turkey neck and sagging eyelids and puffiness under the eyes, looking tired when I was not, did not recognize the old lady staring back at me from the mirror. I fixed those things too, love it and although I would never do it again, I am glad I did. By the way I am 61, and I did all this 3 years ago.

Answer by older at 3:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I have seriously considering a breast reduction. Before my son was born I was a large B, sometimes a small C. I loved having manageable boobs, never wished for bigger ones. After my son was born, I breastfed and had to wear DD sometimes larger. I thought when I stopped they would go down at least a little. They went down to a D or DD depending on the brand.
    Anyway, I can't stand having large breasts. They get in the way, they're uncomfortable, bras are painful... I have seriously considered having a reduction. But that's the only thing I would get done.
    enohp04

Answer by enohp04 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I would only get medically necessary cosmetic surgery such as a breast reduction due to back pain or anything to ''fix'' a medical problem such as my deviated septum, although I would probably never get the surgery to fix my nose. Anything such as vanity-based surgery I will never get because I think we all need to be comfortable in our own skin. We need learn to live with ourselves the way we are supposed to look, not the way we think we should look based on Hollywood's version of beauty.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 3:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• After I'm done having kids, I'm having plastic surgery. A breast reduction/mammoplasty for sure. I was a D before getting pregnant, now I am busting out of a DD. I have a small frame and am shorter......so I'm guessing I may get it partially covered by insurance depending on how much back pain I end up having and/or chafing. I'm also going to shamelessly have an adominoplasty if it's needed. Self-esteem is pricelss and if $8,000-9,000 is enough to make me feel infinitely better about myself (read: happpier), then it's worth it! :-)
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I think plastic surgery is a deeply personal choice, and if one has the means to do it without sacrificing essentials (i.e. food, utilities, clothes for children), and it was going to result in not only a greater physical but psychological improvement, then I say go for it. On the other hand, when someone has a serious psychological problem, like body dysmorphic disorder and plastic surgery is not going to be doing anything for them except exacerbate an already bad condition, then no. I think in that case, it would be irresponsible for the surgeon to perform any procedure on such an individual.

People have been enhacing their "natural selves" for centuries, some with temporary means (i.e. make-up) and some with permanent means (tattoos, branding, piercing). Plastic surgery is just another method.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 4:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Not for me, I wouldn't get any kind of plastic surgery but if you want to then go for it!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 4:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I've never had it but my neighbor has and she looks plastic and fake. It just depends on what you want to do as a person. If it makes you feel good go for it, but don't go crazy and look fake.
    spagirl0426

Answer by spagirl0426 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2011