Whats your fave memory as a child?

My fave memory was living with my momma and daddy and me and my daddy would ALWAYS have a three stooges or red skelton night : )) ...I really miss that old man! <3

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Sitting with my grandfather. He was such a cute little man who was always joking around and smiling. I miss him so much. I wish my kids had the chance to know him,but he died before they were born. Also remember my Dad playing badminton with us. He never said much but he was good man and I enjoyed spending any time I could with him.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 3:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• When I was 5, we lived out in the country. We had a lot of coyotes in the area and they would harass our pets and farm animals.

My dad got his .22 and I followed him out to the pasture. In the field, about 400 yards out was a coyote. With only a second to pause, he raised the gun and at that moment the coyote took off running into some underbrush. My dad fired.
    We walked out there and it had been shot just behind the ear, killing it instantly.

While it may seem strange to some, my dad became my hero that day. He has never fired that gun again and when he dies, it is to be given to me.
    Noone believes that story when he tells it but everytime, he turns and winks at me cause we know the truth.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• GIrls those are beautiful memories!!!! Thank you for sharing with me!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Horseback riding.
    PrincessStacy

Answer by PrincessStacy at 3:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I have lots a great memories growing up, its actually hard to choose just one. We lived just a little ways outside of town on a small farm. So instead of picking just one memory, I think Id like to pick a place to remember that fostered all the memories of my childhood. That would be the old farm in which we (my younger sister & I) grew up at. She & I often sit in the loft of the old barn on a hot summers day that over looked a 20 acre field and lake like pond, drinking an ice cold coke from a glass bottle. We could hear Moma singing in the kitchen as she often did. Daddy- gone to work. The smell of fresh cut hay, cows, dirt. Distant farmers tractors roaring as they too worked. The farm animals fussing about the barn yard, while she & I laughed. Years have pasted now and all is gone except my sister & myself.. I had a beautiful childhood, family and a fantastic place to grow up.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 3:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i would crawl up on his lap and give him a butterfly kiss because it bugged him but he never told me to stop lol and then he pin me down and tickle my belly with his whiskers
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My childhood in South Carolina.I lived in a place called Johns Island and I adored it! Was so happy there,had a great childhood there.I remember my brother and I getting up at the crack of dawn to go fishing before going to school! It was a rural area and I had lots of pets.I remember walking through the woods and capturing a little baby wood duck.Brought it home fully expecting my parents to let me keep it,but my Dad made me take it back.Mama duck was still at the same spot just screaming for that baby,poor thing! Mostly I remember that gorgeous Carolina moon rising up over the marshland we lived by.Was breath taking.
    MistyBlueMom

Answer by MistyBlueMom at 6:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• We spent summers at a lake in Minnesota. Those were such great times.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2011